Royston, GA 30662
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
Position Reports to: General Manager or Shipping Manager
General Function: It is the responsibility of each employee of the Company to understand and promote the Company Mission Statement and Statement of Values while adhering to the Company Code of Conduct. The primary responsibility of this position is the delivery of all materials in a safe, timely, and orderly manner that helps ensure customer satisfaction.
Experience and Requirements: All drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
Non-CDL Driver (to operate trucks under 26,000 lbs. GVW) – A current drivers license with a minimum of one year experience driving similar-type delivery vehicles.
Class B CDL Driver (to operate single vehicles over 26,000 lbs. GVW and tow trailers less than 10,001 lbs. GVW – A Class B CDL license with a minimum of one year experience driving similar-type delivery vehicles.
Class A CDL Driver (to operate combination vehicles over 26,000 lbs. GVW and tow trailers over 10,000 lbs. GCW) – A Class A CDL license with a minimum of three years experience driving similar-type delivery vehicles or a minimum of one year experience with documented training from a professional and certified training school or association.
Education: High school diploma or GED is required. Certification from a professional driving school or association is highly preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Good math and reading skills are required. The ability to represent the Company in a friendly and helpful manner is required. A basic knowledge of construction and or building materials is helpful.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complying with all DOT and Company requirements for drivers.
- Maintaining vehicle in a clean and safe manner.
- Reporting any accidents immediately.
- Loading truck or confirming loading according to pick ticket or invoice.
- Handling customer invoices accurately.
- Accomplishing credit returns and job site accurately.
- Ensuring no materials leave yard or warehouse without a ticket.
- Unloading materials at customer’s job site safely, neatly and courteously.
- Logging-in before and after each shipment.
- Ensuring all materials are loaded properly to ensure a safe delivery.
- Maintaining daily fuel logs or the IFTA requirements as instructed.
- Handling all customers with promptness and friendliness.
- Complying with Company safety policy.
- Passing the Forklift Written Licensing Exam.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area (truck and trailer).
- Reporting all safety concerns immediately to the supervisor.
- Duties when not on deliveries.
- Assisting customers on the yard or in the warehouse.
- Pulling orders for shipment.
- Assisting with inventory cycle counts.
- Maintaining inventory in a neat and logical manner.
- General – As Harbin Lumber Company, Inc. is a group of locations each working individually and as a team, the Driver must be a team player and must develop positive working relationships with all location personnel, Outside Sales Representatives, and other Company employees.
Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting up to 100 pounds will be required on an occasional basis.
Working Conditions: The work is primarily outside work in all types of weather.
General Information: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; there will be other duties assigned as other employee workloads, sales volumes or circumstances require. This job description is subject to change at any time.