Harbin’s Turnkey Framing Division will work with residential and commercial contractors who are looking for a one-stop supplier of materials and turn key framing services. As General Manager of Harbin Lumber Company’s Turnkey Framing Division, you will take our current program to the next level, adding process, infrastructure, reporting, and growing the division. This is a newly created position and requires someone who is self-managed and can identify, assess needs, and implement ideas. If you’ve worked in construction project management or as a general contractor or builder, this is a great opportunity to step into a well-established company with a steady stream of business and help us build something even better.
In this role, you will lead Harbin Lumber’s turnkey framing projects and oversee the building process from the very beginning, working closely with professional builders to understand project scope and vision, evaluate designs, establish timetables, and determine labor and material costs. You will hire and manage subcontractors and employees, gather permits, process change orders, and make sure everything is up to code. Daily duties will include planning; disbursing resources; preparing and submitting project estimates to clients; managing staff; creating benchmarks; managing the budget; and communicating with staff.
Ideally, the person hired for this role will have knowledge or experience in:
- Wood framing
- Building materials
- Construction project management
- Material takeoff
- Cost estimating and analysis
- Construction scheduling
- OSHA safety rules and regulations
- Subcontractor recruiting and management
- Computer skills (Including Microsoft Office)
- Project portfolio to provide examples of work
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, flexible spending account, life insurance
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off that accrues from day one
- Employee discount
- College scholarships for employees and their children
- 401k with company match
*This position will be based in Northeast Georgia/Upstate South Carolina.