Lavonia, GA 30553
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
Job Description – Installer
Position Reports to: General Manager
General Function: It is the responsibility of each employee of the Company to understand and promote the Company Mission Statement and Statement of Values while adhering to the Company Code of Conduct. The primary responsibility of this position is to service and generate garage doors, fireplaces, wire shelving, and hardware sales to all assigned contractor accounts and to generate new contractor account business.
Experience: Two years’ experience in installing building products, repair or contractor-oriented building materials operation is required.
Education: High school diploma is required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: The ability to follow instructions and complete forms is required. Knowledge of the construction process and building codes is required. The Installer must be neat, well organized, and capable of communicating with customers, employees and managers. Solid math and reading skills are required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing specialized product knowledge on all garage doors, fireplaces, wire shelving, insulation, hardware and all products that the Company provides and the methods of installing these products.
- Maintaining product information for customers to review when presenting them with the products and options.
- Staying abreast of all product trends and markets.
- Communicating with Outside Sales Representatives and keeping updated information on target customers.
- Providing and producing exceptional quality and service to the professional building contractor and other customers who use our products, leading with new products and ideas to serve our customers better.
- As needed, keeping accurate records on all installed insulation, doors, windows and trim sales jobs, including payroll costs, material costs, etc. Providing a written report to the General Manager each week.
- Resolving all problems that may arise during and after installation.
- Maintaining forms to monitor expenses of all installed sales, including miscellaneous labor and miscellaneous purchases.
- Monitoring productivity and seeking ways to be more efficient while producing more.
- Training other installers to install products correctly and safely.
- Inspecting equipment to ensure it is being properly maintained periodically.
- Ensuring inventory cycle counts are up to date and are correct.
- Notifying appropriate department heads of needed inventory requirements.
- Complying with the Company safety policy.
- Ensuring work is done in compliance with all appropriate OSHA standards.
- Training other installers on forklifts, trucks, and other installation equipment.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
- Reporting all safety concerns to the General Manager immediately.
- General – As Harbin Lumber Company, Inc. is a group of locations each working individually and as a team, the Specialist must be a team player and must develop positive working relationships with all location personnel, Outside Sales Representatives, Inside Sales Staff, and other Company employees
Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting up to 100 pounds will be required on an occasional basis. The Installer must be able to climb, balance and crawl.
Working Conditions: The work environment is outside work on the customer’s job site or office and in all types of weather.
General Information: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; there will be other duties assigned as other employee workloads, sales volumes or circumstances require. This job description is subject to change at any time.