Harbin Lumber of Athens sponsored this month’s Athens Area Home Builders Association (AAHBA) meeting on 8/20.
AAHBA executive officer Stephanie Johnson recognized Harbin Lumber Customer JOMA Construction’s Founder, John Newland, as “Hometown Hero.” The designation recognizes Home Builders Association of Georgia chapter members who devote time and resources to local nonprofits and other organizations, as well as to their local HBAG chapter.
Johnson reviewed upcoming AAHBA chapter events, which include:
- Sporting Clay Shoot: Thursday August 29 at Old Hudson Plantation in Sparta. Individual ($125) and team ($500) registration is open online or by calling 706-543-5760.
- Professional Headshots & Happy Hour: The chapter is offering professional headshots and a Happy Hour from 5-8 pm on Tuesday, September 10 at the AAHBA office at 1651 Meriweather Dr, Watkinsville. The event is open to all for a $5 donation to The Sparrow’s Nest Mission.
- 2nd Annual Associates/Affiliates “Tail Gate” Appreciation Luncheon: Friday, September 27 from 11:30-2:00 pm in the AAHBA parking lot at 1651 Meriweather Dr, Watkinsville.
- Fall Hard Hat Classic Golf Tournament: Monday October 21, 9 am – noon at Athens Country Club. Limited team registrations ($500/4-man team) are available. Registration forms may be found on the AAHBA website.
- 5K Fun Run: November 9 to benefit ACTS (Area Churches Together Serving) Oconee
Harbin Lumber of Athens General Manager Todd Lord provided a market update, sharing that the Commodity Price Index Costs hit the highest ever in June 2018, decreasing by 41.2% in June 2019. That is good news for home builders and home owners, as the raw materials for building a home cost less today than they did a year ago.
Harbin Lumber Partner Andy Clark from Pella then provided an update on the company’s products. Clark reminded the group that Pella offers both residential and commercial windows. He said the company has evolved from providing only high end luxury products to now offering a wide variety of materials to fit an array of budgets, but with the same lifetime warranty on all products – the only warranty of its kind in the industry, and the high-touch service Pella is known for. Pella now offers starter-home and mid-range vinyl windows that are constructed with 2×2 steel inside the vinyl to improve durability and safety, along with wood and fiberglass windows. Pella has multiple products to offer the trending steel-look windows but without the problems associated with steel.
Those interested in participating in the AAHBA can visit the website for more information, and to keep up with all the latest news and events.